The family curse?




I found out last night that there is an interesting trend (lets call it a curse) in my husbands family.

He is the oldest of two boys and in his dads line there have been no girls born for four generations!

Four generations!

Now I will admit that I was hoping that the little one would be a boy. I like the idea of the eldest being a boy like Peter in Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. Someone to stand up for and look after his younger siblings. I like little boys too. I think they are very cute. I thought it would be nice to have a little mummy's boy who I could cuddle and help to dress... when he is sixteen.

Maybe not, but I like the idea of having a young man who is taller than me but still cool enough to give his mum a kiss goodbye.

But all boys? I don't know if I could deal with that.

It would be nice to have a little girl to play fairies in the garden with. To dress in pink and when she is a teenager to teach her how to be a woman and cry with her when she gets her first period. That would be nice.

I don't think I would like all boys or all girls. But I guess we will just have to take what God gives us. I'm sure the little one will be lovely.

It's not such a bad thing to have all boys I guess. But it will be interesting to see what happens and whether or not the family girl drought will be broken.

Image Credit: Flickr member Beverly and Pack

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.