tiptoe fairies

7:00 AM
Lu started singing this little song about fairies tiptoing about. She would dance around the house singing "Tiptoooooeeeee faaaaaiiiirrrriiiieesssssss!"
If you have or know small children I'm sure you can imagine.

Then one night she decided to teach me the song. I felt very special.

It came with actions.

It went something like this.

Tiptoe fairies going down by the river road.
We can't see them because they are very tiny and small and we can't see them.
Nobody can see them.
Nobody can see them.
Nobody can see them.
Nobody can see them.
Nobody can see them.
Nobody can see them.
Nobody can see them.
Nobody can see them. (No, I did not make a typo. This kid likes repetition.)
Nobody can see them walking right towards you

You get the drift.

I like to strum my guitar and sing songs to the girls as they go to sleep so i decided to turn Lu's ramblings  delightful lyrics into a song we could sing together.
I think she kind of likes the idea although (as you will see) she still gets a bit fed up when I don't sing it right.

And then of course, she was asking if we could record it.
Every night. For the whole week.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.