the shape of things


Now that I have well and truly passed the six week "take it easy" mark. I'm going to try get back into shape.

I'm pretty hesitant to start getting obsessed about it all. Getting pregnant and having a baby is a pretty huge thing. It takes a pretty big toll on your body and it's not a big deal if it takes a while for me to loose that weight. I know my body will never be the same again and that is not at all a bad thing. For example, my body could not produce food before and now it can. That is pretty awesome.

I have read that it takes 9 months to put the weight on and so it should take 9 months to take it off. So, I'm setting myself the goal of loosing about a kilo a month.

I'm pretty bad at self motivation so if there are other mamas or just anyone in general who would like to join me I'd love to hear how you are going and if you blog it would be great to do some linkups. I'd also love to hear tips or things that worked/didn't work for you.

Here's what I'm going to try.

1. Less junk food. It's easy to eat bad food often when you are pregnant and too tired to cook. Let's cut that out!

2. More water. A breastfeeding mama needs between 2-3 litres of water a day. I rarely drink this much.

3. Healthy food not less food. Skipping meals just makes me more likely to binge on junk food snacks so I'm going to try have breakfast lunch and dinner and make them healthy and balanced.

4. Exercise. I'm trying to walk places more often and doing exercises like squats, crunches and tricep dips. I'm finding it hard to do anything more than this as my little one doesn't like being alone for very long and isn't very predictable with feeding. Tips anyone?

I'll try to post regularly about how I'm going and I'll definitely try to not put too much stock in the number of my weight. It's about being healthy and full of energy. I'm looking forward to a healthier me!

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.