laksa

11:00 AM


It's getting wintry here in ole Sydney town.
We have had lots of rainy days that Lucy and I spent indoors watching the rain splatter on the windows. It was actually flash flooding outside and poor Myl was drenched coming home from college but we were nice and warm!

So along with wintry weather comes wintry food.

Myl is a big fan of laksa. It's what he gets whenever we go to $6.50 thai.
Even though it's so cheap I thought I could make it cheaper at home. Here's how.

Ingredients (serves 2)
1 chicken breast
1 carrot
2 small bunches of choy sum
3 mushrooms
1/4 packet of rice noodles
1 tin coconut cream
2 cups water
1/2 tin of laksa paste

you could use other veg if you like or add bean sprouts.

Chop chicken into strips and fry in a large saucepan with cooking oil.
Chop carrot into rings. Chop mushroom into slices. Chop choy sum and leave green leaves to the side.
When chicken is brown add the carrot, mushroom and white parts of the choy sum.
When that is slightly soft add laksa paste and coconut cream. Stir till the laksa paste has mixed into everything.
Add 2 cups of water and bring to the boil.
Add the noodles and simmer for at least 5 mins or until rice noodles are cooked.
Divide into two bowls.
Rip up the choy sum leaves and sprinkle on top.

Enjoy!

no, the picture is not of the laksa I made. It looked pretty similar. I couln't find my camera and the picture I took with Myles' phone made it look like creepy death laksa so I cheated. Hope it inspires.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.