Friday, November 12, 2010

Fire in the hole!!!


So today Myles and I came home and could smell something burny.
I said "It smells like rubber burning" Myles agreed.

There had just been a fire in a mattress warehouse nearby so I thought it was something similar. 
We got out of the car and walked towards our house. 


There was a big plume of smoke coming from the alleyway between our house and the one next door.We walked over and saw that the bins were on fire! 

I made a mad dash inside and called 000 for the second time in my life.

It was pretty crazy. The bins were starting to melt all over the place and the sky was filled with black toxic smoke.

A bit later the fire engine pulled up and put out the blaze.

There were heaps of people out on the street from the various houses.


The bins are completely toast.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!
    Glad you guys caught it in time and it didn't spread to your house {or anyone else's!}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! That's awful!! Did someone set them on fire? Or did the neighbours put something in their bin by accident? Do you get new bins? So many questions! I hope baby didn't mind all the commotion!

    ReplyDelete